Adapt Research provides bespoke research and writing services. We help you deliver high-quality evidence-based answers to strategic questions about health, technology and catastrophic risk.
We specialise in producing evidence-based resources, reports, and research papers and have a strong record managing and executing the research process from planning to publication.
Our research director Matt is a medically qualified senior researcher with a PhD in philosophy.
We’re particularly interested in work on island refuges for mitigating catastrophic risks.
Subscribe to our blog on health, technology and catastrophic risk.
Watch Matt’s lightning talk on National Risk Assessment at the 2022 Cambridge Conference on Catastrophic Risk here (7 min).
Clients & funding support include:
- Effective Altruism Long-term Future Fund
- University of Oxford Future of Humanity Institute
- The Health Quality and Safety Commission
- AI Forum New Zealand
- A Wellington-based public health physician
- Mohak Bariatrics and Robotics
- Community and Patient Preference Research
- Health Outcomes Associates
- The Rapanui (Gisborne Eye Education) Trust
- Edanz Medical Writing and Editing
- Bellbird Medical Communications Ltd
- Inferscience Clinical Decision Support
- The Burden of Disease Epidemiology, Equity and Cost-effectiveness Programme
- The National Health Committee
Media reports about our work:
- Nuclear war and resilience (Radio NZ, 23 min)
- Eradication of COVID-19 (Medscape – video 5min)
- Eradication of COVID-19 (NZ Herald)
- UK COVID-19 response (The Guardian)
- COVID-19 and Google mobility data (Radio New Zealand)
- Coronavirus/Covid-19 (Newsweek)
- Catastrophic Risk (Radio New Zealand)
- Catastrophic Risk (Newsweek)
- Cataracts and Falls (TVNZ)
- Cataracts and Falls (ODT)
- Multiple Myeloma (NZ Herald)
- Pharmac funding policy (Radio New Zealand, scroll to bottom)
- Economic analysis of border closure (Stuff)
- Artificial intelligence (Scoop)
- Existential risk (Vice)
- Pandemic threat (Stuff)
- Colorectal cancer screening (TVNZ)
Fill out our contact form, we would love to work with you to improve health and mitigate large-scale risks.