This instalment of the Adapt Research Blog brings you a selection of Matt’s recent audio and video presentations.
These appeared in podcast, radio and conference format through April–June 2022.
- Podcast with Ben Reid of Memia (6 June, 2022):
- Global Catastrophic and Existential Risks (66 min) – Covering: Risks, risk analysis, refuges, strategic planning. Full details in the show notes. Background papers on Aotearoa, values and existential risks, as well as islands as refuge.
- Podcast by Radio New Zealand (13 May, 2022):
- Do we really need to prepare for nuclear war? (23 min), Matt and Nick Wilson in conversation with Sharon Brettkelly – Covering: Nuclear winter, resilience, and the cross-cutting benefits of preparation. Further details in our blog on Sustained Resilience to mitigate catastrophic risk.
- Conference Presentation: Cambridge Conference on Catastrophic Risk (20 April, 2022):
- Step 1 in Solving Existential Risks: Include them in National Risk Assessments (7 min) – Covering arguments for addressing x-risk, assumptions of national risk assessment, and the importance of transparency. Relevant background paper: the argument for a Commissioner for Extreme Risk